(URDHVA PRASARITA EKA PADASANA)
HOW TO PERFORM
• From standing begin to come into a forward fold and place your ngertips on the oor. You may want to put blocks under your hands or slightly bend your legs if you have particularly tight hamstrings.
• On your next inhale, raise your left leg to the sky about 75% of your maximum capacity.
• Take a few breaths here before slowly raising your leg a little higher with each breath until you feel like it’s as high as you can go.
• As you extend the toes of your right leg, ground through your left foot and begin to bring your right hand to your right ankle. Take a few breaths and slowly begin to extend your left ngertips outwards.
• Enjoy playing with your balance while continuing to encourage a stretch by bringing your nose a little closer to your leg with every breath. Repeat other side.
• Enjoys the bene ts of an inversion with the head below the heart, which provides a fresh supply of blood and energy to the brain, lungs and eyes.
• Strengthens the ankles and improves balance.
• Stretches the hamstrings, calves, lower back and thighs.
• Provides a lovely stretch to the rib cage and intercostal muscles of on the side of the outstretched hand.
• Take care if you are su ering from a knee or ankle injury. • Also any lower back injuries.