HOW TO PERFORM
• From Hanumanasana exhale and reach back, pushing your chest forwards and extending your neck.
• Bend the back leg and take hold of your foot pulling it towards your head.
• If you are unable to reach the back foot by arching back, you could start by looking to your back leg and holding onto the foot; then ip your grip to an overhand one as you turn the gaze forwards and centre your torso. Now bring the other hand on to assist.
• Another alternative is to use a strap around the back foot to hold onto if the hands don’t reach.
• Place a rolled blanket under the perineum to sit higher if necessary.
• Strengthens the spine.
• Stretches the hamstrings, hips, groin, shoulders, the front of the neck, and quadriceps of the back leg.
• Expands the chest and lungs.
• Shoulder injuries.