HOW TO PERFORM
• Start in Warrior III (Virabhadrasana III) with your left leg extended back and your right hand on your right hip. Lower your left hand to the floor. Flex the back foot, pointing the toes to the oor to keep your hips squared.
• Press the big toe of your standing foot down and lift up through the inner arch.
• Lengthen your spine from the base of your tailbone to the top of your head.
• Keep the hips aligned as you begin to twist your torso from above the waist to the right, roll your right shoulder back and glide it down the spine. Open your heart to the sky and extend your right arm above your right shoulder.
• Turn your chin to your chest and roll it along the collarbone to gaze up to your hand.
• Hold for a few breaths then bring both hands on either side of your front foot, lower your left leg and right arm down, stretch out in Downward Facing Dog and repeat on the other side.
• Stimulates and detoxifies digestive organs, supporting a healthy digestion and metabolism.
• Strengthens abdomen, lower back, buttocks, thighs, and ankles.
• Improves balance.
• Increases energy, poise, courage and con dence.
• Place hand on block.
• For tight shoulders, keep hand on the hip.
• Back injuries.
• Hamstring or foot injuries.
• Avoid if you are pregnant.
• If you have neck injuries keep neck long instead of looking up.