How To Perform
• Kneel on the oor, knees wide, and sit on your heels.
• Lean forward and press your palms on the oor with your ngers turned backwards. The palms should be placed between the two thighs. The elbows should rest on the abdomen.
• Slowly move the legs back, one after the other so that they are straight and your toes touch the oor.
• Raise the whole body by tensing the abdominal muscles and resting the weight entirely on the palms. Try to make the body horizontal and parallel to the ground.
• The elbows resting on the abdominal muscles balance the body, as the weight is entirely on the forearms and palms.
• For starters try to maintain the pose for 5 seconds. With practice, it can be increased to a minute or more.
• Tones the entire abdominal cavity and revitalises the internal organs including stomach, liver, intestines, kidneys, pancreas and spleen.
• Improves the digestive system, reducing the production of toxins in the intestines helping to detoxify the body.
• Increases sexual vitality and energy.
• Strengthens the arms and shoulder muscles.
• Bind the elbows together with a strap if they tend to slide apart and place the strap above the elbows.
• Place a block under the forehead and/or front ankles to help you with balance.