HOW TO PERFROM
• Begin in Dandasana (Staff Pose), sitting with your spine elongated and legs extended straight in front of you.
• Draw your left leg back into Virasana (Hero Pose.) The top of your left foot and shin should rest on the floor; toes should be pointing straight back.
• Bend your right knee and bring the right foot down on the floor in front of your right sit bone.
• Lift the right foot, holding onto it with both hands. Lean back slightly, but keep your chest lifted and anchor the shoulder blades onto your back.
• Keeping your spine extended, slowly straighten the right leg and raise it to a 45 degree angle. Raise your foot as high as you can, but be sure not to round the spine to bring the head closer to the leg. Keep your weight evenly balanced on your sit bones.
• Hold for five to ten breaths.
• Slowly lower your right leg, and gently come out of the pose. Repeat on the other side.