How to Perform
• Start in Utthita Ashwa Sanchalanasana (High Lunge Pose) with the left foot forwards and inhale as you step into the left foot with your left leg straight.
• Straighten your right leg and bring it parallel to the floor. Place your left hand on the floor directly beneath the left shoulder.
• Bring your right hand to your right hip and roll your right hip up so the hips face the wall.
• Inhale as you extend the fingertips of your right hand towards the ceiling.
• Turn your head and torso to face the wall to your side.
• Hold for five breaths and then release by exhaling slowly and bringing both hands to the floor before returning to Utthita Ashwa Sanchalanasana.
• Improves balance.
• Boosts concentration.
• Opens the hips.
• Strengthens the lower body.
• You can modify this pose by positioning the head, legs and back against a wall for support.