EXTENDED HAND TO BIG TOE POSE
HOW TO PERFORM
• Stand in Tadasana (Mountain pose) with your feet together, spine upright, open across your chest and relax your shoulders and lift out of the hips.
• Deepen your breath and focus your gaze on a still point ahead of you, this helps you to balance.
• Bring your right knee towards your chest and take hold of your big toe or foot.
• Bring your left hand to your hip and extend your right leg out in front of you.
• Engage your core abdominal muscles, straighten your left knee without locking it and stabilise your joints and posture. Lift up and out of the earth.
• Now open your right arm and foot out to your right side. Stretch your left arm out and breathe.
• Lift up in the posture, open your heart centre, focus your mind on your breath and experience the art of balance. Hold for 3-7 deep breaths. Repeat on your left side.