DOLPHIN POSE(ARDHA PINCHA MAYURASANA) [gallery columns="2" ids="14697,14698"] Steps Hold just above the elbows to measure distance and place forearms on the mat. Interlace the fingers and cross the thumbs. Check you can see your little finger
(ARDHA PINCHA MAYURASANA)
- Hold just above the elbows to measure distance and place forearms on the mat.
- Interlace the fingers and cross the thumbs. Check you can see your little finger on the inside of the hands so it doesn’t get compressed.
- Tuck the toes under, lift the hips while lightly drawing the belly in.
- Push into the forearms to extend the upper arms and move the armpits back.
- Settle the heels deeper into the mat stretching down the backs of the legs with each exhale.
- Hold for 5-12 breaths.
- To move deeper extend one leg and hold for a few breaths radiating up and back through the root of the big toe.
- Repeat on the other side
- Come into child’s pose to recover for a few breaths.
- Builds strength and stability in the shoulders.
- Opens shoulders, chest and inner armpits
- Opens the backs of the legs and arches of the feet.
- Mobilises the hips.
- Builds inner heat.
- Avoid practising if you have a shoulder injury or weakness in the back.