Camel opens up the front of your body with an intense stretch that helps improve posture by correcting rounded shoulders. Camel stimulates the kidneys and opens your breathing airways, therefore bringing huge benefits into your body.
How To Perform
• Come to kneel at the top of your mat, place your knees hip-width apart, place the palms of your hands on your lower back with your fingertips facing your heels, pressing the tops of your feet down into your mat.
• Inhale as you lift taller into your upper body and press your hips forward, grounding the tops of your feet into your mat. Slide your hands down towards your heals as you continue to open your chest, while keeping your chin slightly tucked in.
• Exhale and continue to press your hips, thighs and belly forward, while pushing your heart up towards the sky. Hold for 5-10 deep breaths and then gently come out of your posture slowly supporting your lower back with your hands and resume to your kneeling position.
• You can keep your hands on your lower back instead of holding your heels.
• Target body areas: quadriceps, hip flexors, core, chest and shoulders.