Base Formula are offering 20% off all purchases for Yoga Magazine readers. Simply quote code YOGA20 at the checkout to receive your discount. Code is valid for your first purchase only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer code or discount. Shop online now at www.baseformula.com.
Empowering Yoga with
As the holiday season and the end of the year approach, many of us are looking for special yoga gifts for our friends, yoga students, yoga teachers
Walthamstow residents and single-parent powerhouses Abigail McLachlan and Naomi Costantino, are bringing their yoga passion to East 17, with their 25 mat studio East of Eden, that opened this March in the Tramworks, a newly created creative hub for Walthamstow.Situated in Hatherley Mews, less than
Every year more than 55,000 people are diagnosed with breast cancer in the UK and Breast Cancer Care is the only specialist breast cancer support charity there to support them from day one.
The charity was founded in 1973 by Betty Westgate, who was herself diagnosed
YOGA Magazine brings you news, features, celebrity interviews and everything that’s new in the world of yoga. YOGA Magazine was launched in February 2003 and recently celebrated its 10th anniversary. Regular features include our Teacher of the Month master class, with poses and sequences for
This month, the accrediting body Yoga Alliance Professionals, formerly known as Yoga Alliance UK, reveals the changes behind its teacher training courses to help raise the standards of yoga teachers in the country.
We also take a look at how to connect to the autumn season
Parsva BakasanaHOW TO PERFORM
• Begin in the Teepee twist with the right arm extended and place the palms of your hands on the earth shoulder-width apart beside the left hip.
• Gently squeeze the forearms and elbows in towards each other (like Chaturanga) then spreading
Parivrtta KrounchasanaHOW TO PERFORM
• Sit upright with legs extended in front of you (Dandasana). You can bring your right leg into Ardha Virasana (Half Hero pose) here for the classical posture - I personally prefer to keep my right leg extended to protect
Teepee Twist (VARIATION WITH EXTENDED ARM)
HOW TO PERFORM
• Sit upright with legs extended in front of you (Dandasana).
• Exhale to bend the knees and draw the knees into the chest so that you place the soles of the feet where the knees were.
• With the knees
My interest in esoteric practices developed alongside starting yoga in my early 20s, and I began to study various healing modalities building my experience with subtle energies. As my yoga practice evolved, it became a fundamental part of solving my inner puzzle. Yoga in its